Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Letter to My Parents on Valentine’s Day

Dear Mama and Daddy,
I miss you. Today on Valentine’s Day, I miss getting the loving card from you. I miss the phone call that wished me a Happy Valentine’s Day. I miss your hugs and kisses.
In your honor, I made a point to send especially beautiful Valentine cards to my sons, their wives and my grandchildren. I thought of you, mama, when I was choosing the cards. You always took such great care in purchasing the most appropriate cards that showed the depth of your love. You and Daddy always exchanged cards. Daddy, after mama had died, we found the cards you saved that mama had given you. All married couples should love each other the way you both loved each other.
You provided a great example to your children and grandchildren of how to care for one another, how to treat one another, and how to respect one another. You were great teachers.
I want you both to know that you are remembered and loved on this special day when people express their love.

No comments: